16 August 2009

White Phase: Week 1 - Day 3

Today was actually a pretty good day. It started off with our platoon receiving the Guidon Streamer for having the best bay during this weekend's inspection. That made our DSs happy. And, of course, happy drill sgts equals happy recruits. We then did PT, got changed and headed out to the COC, or Confidence Obstacle Course. It's a pretty basic military obstacle course. We're not evaluated or anything, but I did pretty well. I didn't fall off of anything and my squad got through pretty quick, so it felt good. That was pretty much our day. We just came back to the battery and showered. They're taking it easy on us in anticipation of the 10K road march tomorrow. Wake up is pushed up to 0330 and we're going to the grenade range. Tomorrow should be an interesting and fun day. However, the day is not ending well. Since a few selfish idiots (it's always the same ones) can't stop talking, we won't be getting mail tonight. That really bothers me on multiple levels. I'm sick of suffering because of other people, which I thought ended with red phase. And I'm sick of the same kids always being the screw-ups. I'll be so glad to get out of here. Until then, I'm going to blow things up with grenades and I'll be getting paid to do it. I love America.

No comments: