06 August 2009

Red Phase: Week 2 - Days 6 & 7

Saturday was pretty boring. PT in the morning, then we rode over to the computer simulation range for some more practice. Didn't do so well today until the kneeling portion. Ironically, it's my least favorite since it's uncomfortable, but I hit 10 out of 10 targets. Oh well. Then, we were transported back to our barracks and spent the rest of the day cleaning our weapons and bunks.

On Sunday, we spent all day cleaning. I mean really cleaning. I think I'm starting to make a positive impression on my Drill Sgt. He's actually a pretty cool guy in his own way. Of course, a couple of morons nearly ruined it for us at dinner and we almost lost our phone privileges for today, but we didn't. Since these two days were so uneventful, I'll give you my top 10 list of "words or phrases most likely to be heard around Alpha Battery 1-40th FA".

10. Turds!
9. Holy shit, Private!
8. Nice job, Bitch.
7. Get away from me, Private.
6. Front leaning rest position. Move.
5. Weapons count!
4. At ease.
3. You eye hustling me, Private?
2. No secondary movements!
1. Jesus tits!

No comments: