04 August 2009

Red Phase: Week 2 - Day 5

Not much happened today. Marched 5K back to the range. Today, we worked on the actual range we will qualify on. It has 75m, 175m, and 300m targets. I started out amazingly for a guy who hadn't really fired a gun before a few days ago, but then I got a ton of sweat in my eyes (thanks, Oklahoma!) and struggled a bit. This led to my Drill Sgt. chastising me for sweating so much. (I don't know Drill, maybe because it's 100 degrees, I'm wearing long sleeves, strapped down with 25 lbs of gear while lying on cement, firing a weapon.) What can I say, I sweat a lot. But, I finished up strong hitting 4 out of 5 from the kneeling position, including the 300m target. Sniper school, here I come. Only one more week of red phase. Once we get to white phase, there is no more group punishment. He who screws up, gets dropped. Woo-hoo! Not sure what's on deck for tomorrow. Kind of getting sick of the range just because we spend so much time sitting around in the sun. The actual firing of an M-16 is cool.

No comments: