30 July 2009

Red Phase: Week 1 - Day 3

I unintentionally lied to everyone. We didn't do the gas house today. It's tomorrow. All day today was classroom work in preparation for tomorrow. Oh, and our worst smoking yet. Our platoon was really slack today. Forgetting equipment, not staying in cadence during PT and not securing their wall lockers. So we got smoked during PT, after class, and in barracks. I never realized over the head claps could hurt, but if you do 100 of them (which is really 200 since the Army counts "1,2,3-1: 1,2,3-2") they really, really burn.

On a brighter note, only 59 days left. Yes, I'm already counting down. I think I'm adjusting ok. My appetite is back with a vengence. It's amazing how much food you can eat in 4 minutes. In case you're wondering, it's 2 sausage patties, eggs, potatoes, a banana, a yogurt, and a plum. I'm a little banged up from the repelling swiss seat and half of my right big toe nail fell off today for some reason, but otherwise ok. Except for the sniffles which, apparently, everyone gets since we have 51 guys living together. Hopefully, we will be able to head to the PX soon and I can get some Halls.

No comments: