21 July 2009

Reception

It is official. Fort Sill, OK is the hottest place on Earth. So hot, that I look forward to the nightly shower even though I know I'll be surrounded by 6-10 other guys at a time. Oh well. I've also learned how quickly a person can become phychologically conditioned. After only two days, I can no longer hear "1,2,3,4" without responding with "Hoo-Hah-Alpha". Great. Additionally discovered that in the Army you do a lot of two things: walk/march and wait. The pleasure of this is compounded by the wonderful Ft. Sill weather. Average temp is 100+ degrees. I haven't seen a cloud in three days. Unfortunately, nothing has really happened since we're still in reception. No smokings, no PT, etc. That will all change soon enough.

1 comment:

Dan N. said...

A 100 degrees.....please...at least you don’t have to worry about Tushar eating your pizza. Thinking about you and hope all is well.